Friday, July 5, 2013

My Last Moments

In my last moments I want to not be afraid.
I want fear to fade from the foreground,
I want to hear the sound of my heart beating,
and young lungs breathing.
We'll keep breathing,
Filter all of the sweetness from candy apple smiles into our bloodstreams,
and we'll scream from rooftops,
We'll scream from our pens.
I won't be afraid,
With your apple cider lips singing softly next to me,
I'll slip slowly,
Trust me.
There is nothing to be afraid of when death is digging your grave,
and he has been digging all our lives,
Death is tired now.


In my last moments I want to play sax,
Let every note drip off of my breath,
Crystallize in midair and just....
Sit there, 
and be beautiful.
I'll play with all of the soul left in me,
There has to be something left,
Some small corner containing the last bit of soul undeparted.
The part that hasn't given up yet,
I haven't given up yet.


In my last moments I want to have hope.
Reality can slip from my mind,
So I can dream of an afterlife,
And whatever's out there,
I'm ready for it,
I don't know what to expect,
But I expect the world to keep spinning at the same speed,
I expect a moment to reflect,
That second,
Where your life flashes before your eyes and you'll have all the time you never had
In that second,
Time will fold like the note you passed in the 5th grade,
I want to relive every day.
A lifetime is a longtime,
But I'd spend an eternity pressing replay just to hear your laugh.
To see you smile. 
To see you. 


In my last moment,
I want to fall in love with you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment