Sunday, July 28, 2013

I wish we could fall in love

I wish I could fall in love,
The kind of love that writes its own poetry,
That generates electricity from fingertips,
We could power a city together,
Sparks flying from hand holding,
I’m not looking for any July lightning storm,
I’m looking for a power line lined with kisses,
Can we ever forget this feeling?
Every second wrapped around wrists like bracelets with the word “Peace” written on them.
Like necklaces that hang lowly around you chest,
With a smiley face etched in yellow.
I wish I could fall in love.
Bend earthquakes into puzzles,
Just to shake up your head,
Turn tornadoes into a slight breeze to sweep you off your feet,
I’d hold you like a hurricane,
Twisting destruction into flowers,
Like David Copperfield,
I’ll make the elephants that are weighing down your heart, 
DISAPPEAR.
We could be an illusion together,
We can look like nothing special,
But act like the fucking coolest ninja ever,
Like,
A Jackie Chan relationship,
We’ll be silent when we walk,
And karate chop pieces of the sky out to take home with us.
I wish I could fall in love.
Not the kind of love where cupid only knocked one of us on our ass,
But one where we were both hit so hard,
It was like a fucking freight train of arrows burrowed into our souls.
I know it sounds cheesy,
But we could have that “love at first sight” kinda thing.
I’d look at you,
You’d look back,
And bam.
It would be that easy.
No, 
Not easy,
Simple. 
You would never be easy,
It's like setting the level on Mortal Kombat.
You want easy, 
Just so you can win,
But that first level is never worth it.
You’ll be worth it.
A cash value equal to your heart would make digits spin around the globe,
But not every nickle and dime can amount to the sum of the hardships we've faced.
It'll be the penny tossed into a pond, 
Saying,
I wish we could fall in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment