Monday, March 5, 2012

Alone

Alone be me at end of day,
At first shadow of night,
So I took it upon myself to write,
A poem that describes just what its like,
To be alone in such a big place,
An entire planet.
Friends stand by me,
And peers surround me,
So why must I say I'm alone?
To confide in another my hopes and my dreams,
To tell them the secrets among other things,
Hold close to cold body,
Kiss with a passion,
Love and not ration,
Just to be there.
There right by the door to my heart,
The gate to my soul,
But is there anyone to play such a role?
Not in the present,
I only wish for the future.
This one that is so different,
Unlike the rest,
The one to lay down with head on my chest,
Is but a riddle to solve.
It is the formula for happiness.
A pinch more of this,
A drop less of that,
And she'll be nothing to you but a cranky old bat.
But when it is perfect,
I'll shall know this at once,
For my heart shall skip along a yellow brick road,
To an Emerald city,
With my confidence,
My heart,
And my head as one,
She'll stand beside me,
Never to run.
Why are we alone?
To find ourselves.
In a desperate search for someone to love,
We find just what we want from above,
In the clouds,
Where dreams dance,
Imagination plays,
And love grows wild.
We pick fair daisy from fluffy white pillow,
Petals of cotton,
And as we pluck the petals from its center sun,
We decide whether they love us or not,
The imagination apparent as we let small daisy decide our fate,
Because its never to late.
Alone be my heart because it gave itself away,
For the time of only just a day,
Lost it became,
And never have I found it comfort yet.
I wrote this poem to find a way to explain,
Just how it is to feel this pain,
But words are not enough,
To describe how it is so tough.
To roam all alone,
Without you.


Original Poem by SethWilson Isaac Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment