Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Memory of Forgotten Feelings

The Memory of Forgotten Feelings


What was once thought special,
Is now just a movement,
What was once the touch of a lover,
Is now just the brushing of someones hand.
There I was with you and the stars,
Feeling like the only man in the world.
I felt....Free
I felt.... Loved
That moment was once thought special,
Until I looked upon the others.
So many others that have held you close,
That have been in that same moment.
In an instant,
That moment was lost,
Destroyed by the souls of those lost in your heart,
Those that have been hurt like I have.
I was told long before,
To be careful,
To not trust,
To not believe,
And to not love someone so close to me.
My heart would not listen to the aching screams of my mind.
I followed the bloody trail full of tears,
Only to be greeted with comfort,
With a warmth only to be given by a lover.
I held in my arms something more valuable than diamonds and gold,
And in an instant,
It all turned to water.
Flooding out of my arms,
Into the stream it came from, 
The stream from along the trail of bloody tears,
Where so many disfigured hearts lay about.
He felt something so special,
And lost it in a second,
To nothing but the look on her face.
What once was so special,
Feels empty to me,
But I cherish what wisps I still have of that distant feeling.





 Original Poem by SethWilson Isaac Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment